Monday, February 2, 2009

The 25 About Me Deal

Apparently, the 25 things about me fad hopped on over to Blogger all the way from Facebook. I was tagged by the lovely insomniaclolita and I'm up to the challenge, because I'm not up to much else creative blog-wise. So here goes. (I'll try to spare anyone who is also a Facebook friend the monotony and switch it up a bit from my Facebook response) 

1. When I was a kid Kraft Macaroni and Cheese was a "special treat" in my household because it wasn't particularly healthy and my parents wouldn't eat it. To this day, it remains a comfort food on icky days. (Like today...) 

2. I love my country. I'm liberal. During the Bush admin, conservative friends called me a terrorist and told me I hated America because I didn't agree with the Bush admin's politics. I laughed it off, but it secretly really hurt. 

3. On that same note, I put a lot of faith in God. My more fundamentalist friends treat me like I have no religion and I've even been called "not Christian enough" because of my liberal views on abortion and gay marriage. This hurts even more than being called a terrorist. 

4. I have really awful depth perception. I don't know why or how to correct it. 

5. For the past few weeks, I haven't gone a day without consuming something blueberry flavored or filled (or the actual berry). 

6. My 11th grade English teacher would give a thesaurus to students who cussed during his class and gave them five minutes to "find a better way to say it." This is something I will employ in my classroom when I teach. 

7. I love holidays. All of them. Every single one is my favorite. 

8. I think cruises are the absolute best way to travel because you get to do all the country and bar hopping without the responsibility of driving.

9. One of my favorite places in Shepherdstown is the Meck in summertime because you can go outside in the back and sit on the big tables with the candles all around you. It reminds me of a fairy land and the drinks aren't too bad either. 

10. One of my fondest days in Shepherdstown started at the Lost Dog. It was cold out and I was bundled up in a pea coat. I associate comfortable feelings at the Lost Dog with pea coats and prefer going there in the winter. 

11. I have a surprisingly good sense of direction. I was very resistant against getting a GPS, but it is a lot safer to have someone talk to you with the directions rather than shuffling through paper. 

12. I think all states should adopt a hands-free device policy for cell phones. Sorry business people, driving in traffic in New York and Connecticut is so much nicer without people on their Blackberries and iPhones and I'd rather drive through the Bronx than Northern Virginia or D.C. 

13. I'm scared of dogs. 

14. I am very easily distracted and exhibit many of the symptoms a girl in her early twenties exhibits when she goes undiagnosed with ADD or ADHD most of her life. I don't really care, though. I'd never want medication for it and I think it makes me adorable. 

15. When I moved to Maryland, I started an e-zine to keep up with my friends called "Greetings from Wherever I Am." When I started liking Maryland a little more, I had to stretch to think of things to write about and the readers stopped reading it and I was really hurt, but it forced me to make friends away from the Internet. 

16. I owe all of my sanity to my clarinet. All of it. I wish I had more time to play. 

17. I'm really bad at math. I still count on my fingers. 

18. I don't like bugs that fly. The flutteryness makes me nervous. 

19. I'm still a big summer camp kid at heart. I wish I could still spend my summers in a smelly cabin, swimming in lakes and cheering on tables. 

20. My sweet tooth is my ultimate downfall. I crave sweets almost all of the time. 

21. I like babies a lot more than I let on. 

22. I love the feeling of live music, but I don't experience it as much as I wish I could. 

23. I wish I wasn't so dependent on coffee, but I also really like the taste so I'm not willing to cut it out of my diet completely. 

24. My childhood best friend and I wanted the Hanson brothers to move into my house when I moved away from North Carolina and we made up scenarios as to what we would do if they did. Everything was perfectly scripted.

25. I love laughing. I laugh all the time, even when it isn't appropriate. 

I don't know if 25 people read this blog, so I won't do official tags. If you're reading and you're so inclined to follow suit, please do. 

4 comments:

Andhari said...

LOL i can totally relate to you, thanks for posting..I love mac n cheese and anything blueberry :) and wow I suck at math.

Maxie said...

My favorite part about the Meck is the bar cat! It was kind of pissed off at me because I wouldn't put it down. But it's like best of both worlds! Booze and cats!

.bethany. said...

@insomniaclolita Yesterday was such a bad day, I ate my weight in blueberry and mac n cheese. It was great. Thanks for tagging me!

@maxie Meck cat hates everyone! I mean, I'd hate everyone, too, if my only interaction was drunk humans chasing me everywhere...but...there's something about that cat!

Unknown said...

No. 3, i can identify. am now a the point where it doesn't matter, all that matters is what God thinks of me:)